Here are some things that can be done to help create jobs:
1. Stop extending unemployment benefits and reduce them back to the short-term bridge they were meant to be.
2. Forgive the Title XII loans that the states have had to take from the Treasury to cover unemployment extensions and are now paying back by tripling SUTA for employers.
3. Immediately pass portability for all healthcare insurance nationwide.
4. Return the bail out money to the Treasury and pay down as much of the deficit as it will cover; that would strengthen the dollar tremendously.
5. Commit to keeping Capital Gains taxes at the current 15% rate to encourage investment.