Why is it that airline customers are friendlier and more efficient than airline personnel? Inquiring minds want to know. Actually, it’s not just airlines (that happens to be the experience du jour).
I would posit several reasons:
1. They don’t like people
2. They are bonuses on how many people they can make speak first
3. They are sleep deprived
4. They haven’t been trained since the recession began 2 years ago
5. They were hired because of their introverted personality
6. They are worn out from dealing with rude people day after day
7. They quit caring
8. They have too many things on their mind
9. They can’t wait to get off duty
10. They don’t like bald guys
Whatever the reason, I do get tired of paying to be ignored.