I’ve heard many people say that they will be glad when this year is over; well, it pretty much is and, I agree, it’s been a tough one. But before we sigh in relief, let’s remember some of what we’ve learned in 2009:
- We learned that we are a lot tougher than we thought we were.
- We learned how to increase service and reduce cost at the same time.
- We learned that we need negotiations skills as well as sales skills.
- We learned that it’s too easy for our customers to forget us and what we did for them last.
- We learned that there are many “staffing solutions” that we bring to our customers beyond ramping up and projects.
- We learned the necessity of really knowing our customer’s business—not just their industry.
- We learned to make tough decisions and move on.
- We learned how to lead in battle and to execute on critical plans.
- We learned that we can trust each other to do what it takes.
- We learned to laugh in the midst of the storm.
So, now, let’s go into 2010 and use what we learned to clobber the competition!