A couple of years ago I was introduced to a book entitled Think Big, Act Small. It’s a great book and well worth reading (and short). From a corporate perspective its message is simple: dream big but don’t get too big for your britches!
What about at the local level? How does this work for a branch team? Here are a few thoughts:
- It means we won’t let anything limit our belief in the ability to grow.
- It means we believe we deserve to dominate the market and take market share from our competitors.
- It means we walk with swagger.
- It also means we treat every order and every client as if it was the only one.
- It means we realize every day that we are only as good as our last fill.
- It means we never relax or rest on past achievements because we are one phone call away from disaster.
- It means we sweat the small stuff.
- It means we start every day as if the dial was set at ZERO.
- It means that, while we celebrate our greatness, we walk in humility.